The following are quotes Andrew Coyne has used to describe the eight federal budgets released between 2010 and 2017. Can you match the splutter with the year?
- “the budget is bloated, cynical, dirigiste and incoherent”
- “so innocuous, so inoffensive, so utterly inconsequential”
- “almost universally bad ideas.”
- “a budget that commits the government to do everything it had ever done, only at fractionally less cost. And I do mean fractionally.”
- “ the budget’s whole premise is a fraud.”
- “It was to be expected the budget would be inadequate; nothing suggested it would be quite so trivial as this.”
- “I cannot recall ever reading one quite as mind-bendingly empty as this one.”
- “It’s not a bad budget, overall.”
Answer key coming soon!